search engine optimization (seo)
Would you believe that 90% or more of online traffic is through search Engine queries? search engine optimization & marketing your company through SEO is vital to your website's success.
Incorporating Search Engine Optimization (SEO) into your web site will increase the success of your business. Search Engine Optimization will increase the volume of traffic to your web site by indexing it with search engines such as Google, Yahoo! and MSN. The more amount of SEO you put into your site, the more likely your website will rank high in search results.
Search Engine Optimization is crucial so that potential clients can find you. If you don't rank well, then your website might as well not exist. Typically, the higher your site appears in search results, the more likely you are to receive a higher volume of visitors, which in turn will give your web site a stronger presence on the web.
Below is an excerpt from Finding Balance Between SEO and Non-SEO Traffic Generation
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) takes work... often, hard work. For those that aren't familiar with what's involved in SEO, below is a list of some of the typical activities that (as the CREST commercials used to say) "when applied in a conscientious program of regular professional care" will result in higher search engine rankings.
- Researching and selecting keywords that are truly relevant to your desired audience;
- Researching competition for desired keywords;
- Researching and analyzing competitive websites;
- Re-writing and restructuring your website to address desired keywords, to be more accessible by search engine "crawlers", to have appropriate label meta tags, headings, and inter-page links;
- Create a program to build links to your site from other sites (directories, exchanged links,article marketing, etc.)
- Create a program to keep content on your site regularly refreshed and synchronized with all the above.
- Regularly (daily or weekly) monitor all the search engines and your competitors positions
Interested in learning more about Search Engine Optimization (SEO)? Continue reading Finding Balance Between SEO and Non-SEO Traffic Generation on our blog.